Attorney David Larkin has been an attorney since 1981. He was a corporate/taxation/securities attorney in Beverly Hills, CA in the 1980s where he worked on business transactions in the Estate of Marvin Gaye, contract work for Hal Wallis, film producer who produced Casablanca, Elvis Presley films and more, personal legal work for Los Angeles Dodgers players, drafted and reviewed agreements for the President of MGM, and securities work including the initial IPO for LA Gear. He became a trial lawyer in the late 1980s in Carmel, California, where he represented the Sierra Club in environmental litigation to stop a freeway through a beautiful Carmel canyon, now a state park. He moved to Arizona in 1990 and has been a trial lawyer and business transactions lawyer in his own private practice for 25 years. His practice areas include small business and commercial law, employment law, including employment civil rights, sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination, noncompetition, contracts, and wage and hour laws. He was a trial lawyer who litigated in both Federal and State Courts for over 30 years, until December 2017 when he decided to cease trial work, and to continue to provide consultation and advisory legal services in business, contract and employment law. He also works with other trial lawyers providing trial support research, writing, advice and strategy services.
- State Bar of Arizona 1981
- State Bar of California 1983 (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Arizona Superior Courts and Arizona Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Arizona Employment Lawyers Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Arizona 1981 (Inactive) (worked for Arthur Anderson & Co. 1979-1980)
- Arizona State University – Department of Justice Studies – “Citizens Rights and Personal Law”, Adjunct Faculty 1998
- National Association of Securities Dealers (Inactive) 1983, Registered Representative, Series 7.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 1979 (Kansas Law Review, Managing Editor 1978-79)
- Yale University 1966-1971
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (accounting courses for CPA certification)
- “Overcoming the Uncertainty Caused by the Family Partnership Rules for Freezes,” Journal of Taxation (1985) co-authored with Jeffrey Glassman
As a seasoned and successful trial lawyer, David Larkin has a track record of success. Recent Cases include:
- $110,000 Arbitration Award in January 2012 in Sexual Harassment case against Autonation
- $1,000,078 Jury Verdict for member of a Limited Liability Company in March 2012 in Arizona Superior Court in Breach of Fiduciary Duty case between members of a Limited Liability Company
- $414,900 jury verdict in a federal court retaliation case against the U. S. Postal Service, February 2013
- Co-counsel for plaintiff in two employment-related jury trials resulting in verdicts for the plaintiff in excess of 1 million dollars.
The Law Office of David Larkin: Professional Representation for Everyone
The Law Office of David Larkin has served a broad range of clients, from corporate executives and midsized manufacturers to employees fired for not going along with illegal actions and the bakery around the corner. Services include litigation, drafting of contracts, creating employee policies and procedures and more. At the Law Office of David Larkin, the attorneys treat client cases as if they were their own. They are there to protect your rights and fight for justice on your behalf. As a civil law legal practice, the Law Office of David Larkin is there to prevent disputes and resolve disputes.
Whether you need a business contract drawn up, a business dispute resolved, looking at signing or enforcing a non-compete or non-solicitation agreement, need to file or defendant a lawsuit, suffered discrimination or retaliation in the workplace, have been wrongfully discharged or treated unfairly in the workplace, then turn to attorney David Larkin for practical legal advice and solutions that work in the real world.